I sit here with aching legs this morning because I worked myself harder that normal yesterday. I have been training on a dead road and I have figured out I have many options of how I want to train - road wise. If I ride in one direction it is fairly easy to ride with only one "less flat" section (i.e. HILL) on my return leg. If I halve that, I can have an essentially flat (for me) 10 k loop which I ride twice.
In the other direction I have more "less flat" (i.e. bigger HILLS, a whopping 2% for 4 kilometres) and I could do that in a 10k out and back or two 5k out and back loops.
Lately I have been going 5k South (hilly bit), then 10k North (more flat) and 5k to return to my start. I have managed to reach a whopping 33km/h on the flat dead road, so I am optomistic of doing at least a 40 minute TT in October.
During the week, we also have here at school, 20 mountain bikes for students to ride, thanks to a really great deal from Fleet Cycles in Perth. We are giving kids a chance to experience the open road, fresh air and "bugs-in-the-teeth" real fun. I have a mountain bike and join the Phys Ed class for their Thursday ride. I shocked the kids a bit when I showed up in lycra, and my daughter was VERY embarrassed. Oh well, I guess the sight of a fat old fart in skin tight clothes is just too much for some people...
Monday our school will be taking the kids to the Speed Dome for a training session, and hopefully this will be my first ever ride on the boards. I'm looking forward to it!
Till next time...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment